A while back, someone asked me why I blog. I am curious now, why do YOU blog? People have blogs about countless topics and for a wide variety of reasons, and it might be neat to find out what are some of them. With that in mind, I have decided to created this meme.
The Question: Why do you blog?
1. Comment below to answer the question with five reasons.
2. Create your own blog entry to continue the meme.
3. Give credit and link back to the original blog post and to the blog where you saw the meme shared.
4. Tag your friends and encourage them to participate.
Part of the fun of this is seeing how many people keep the chain going and seeing all of the different -- or similar -- reasons that people give, so be sure to read other people's blogs to see what they say!
I will start by answering my own question. I originally posted an answer to this question last summer, yet as time goes by, my reasons have grown. Be clear that they have not changed, yet I have even more reasons now. In addition to what I posted last year, here are five more reasons why I like to blog.
Why do you blog?
1. To Learn. I like to learn, and sometimes I learn new things when researching for what I want to write.
2. For Fun. Sometimes I like to do or write or share something simply for the enjoyment or the humor of it.
3. To Read. I sincerely enjoy reading people's comments. It makes me feel good to know that people care enough to read my blog and comment on it, and it is even better when I see people commenting off of one another's comments.
4. To Share. When someone tells me that they have "gotten something" from reading my blog, I feel blessed to know that God used me to touch that person.
5. For Friends. It is neat to meet and get to know people via our blogs. Some of these people have even gotten to be my buddies outside of the blog world. How neat is that?
I am going to tag Dawn, A.Marie, Kathy, Lisa, Julie, Jennyfer, and...if you would like to be tagged, just let me know.