Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Popcorn? Who Knew?

Who knew that there was an entire world of popcorn about which we could learn? Seriously! Okay, okay, there is an entire world of just about everything for us to learn. More specifically, I guess the question should be, who would think to make an entire study about it? Well...someone did.

A new blog that I discovered, Walking Home..., had a post about this study and then a contest. Guess what. Wait for iiiit....

I WON!

Oh, My Goodness, I was so excited. Most of us would probably say the same thing about winning anything, right? However, I won!

This is going to be such an interesting study to do as a family. Hubby and Boy both really like popcorn. What neat things will we learn about it and do with it during this study?

Day 1: Popcorn—What Is It?
Day 2: The Story of Popcorn
Day 3: The Flavors of Popcorn
Day 4: The Science of Popcorn
Day 5: Fun With Popcorn

Another fantastic thing about winning this contest is that it introduced me to UnitStudy.com, which I hope to utilize for more interesting and thrilling learning experiences for our family. Thank you so much to Walking Home... for the gift and for the adventure on which my guys and I will be going right here at home!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! THis is a good warm up for you to get you in homeschooling mode ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing! Boy really likes to read and enjoys working on his letters and numbers. Since he is such a knowledge sponge, and he likes popcorn, this could be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for winning!!! What fun! Popcorn would be really cool to study. When you're done studying, you'll have to then have a snack of...yep...POPCORN!!! :)

    ReplyDelete