Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Deed #3

On Thursday, Boy and I went to meet some friends at Chick-fil-A for a play date. I had done temporary airbrush tattoos for a Kids Night there recently and had traded for some free food coupons.

When we were getting ready to leave, a family arrived with a little girl. I asked the (I assume) dad if they would be purchasing a Kid's Meal. He told me, "No."

Then a lady who works there asked if I needed anything. I thanked her and told her that we did not and that I had asked the guy because I had a meal coupon that I would have given him. Then the guy said something like, "Oh, if it is free...." LOL.

At that point, it did not seem like the guy appreciated it, but I gave him the free Kid's Meal card, anyway, in the hopes that it would be a happy surprise/treat for the little girl.

1 comment:

  1. I am always surprised at people's lack-luster response to a gift these days. But I think it probably goes back to a warped sense of entitlement that is rampant in our culture. Just remember, whatever his response, "whatever you did for the least of these, you did for Him."

    ReplyDelete